The UVI CELL Center is committed to assisting you in achieving your educational goals. We recognize that some programs may require financial assistance so we've compiled a listing of possible options:
- Financial assistance may be provided for qualified individuals through the V.I. Department of Labor To find out the qualification process, contact the VI Department of Labor at (340) 776-3700 on St. Thomas or (340) 773-1994.
- V.I. Veterans may enroll in any UVI CELL course FREE of charge. To find out if you qualify, contact the Office of Veterans Affairs at (340) 774-VETS (8387) on St. Thomas or (340) 773-VETS (8387) on St. Croix.
- Employer Tuition Assistance: Many employers offer assistance for job-related programs that support the development of their employees. To find out if your place of employment has a program in place, contact your manager or human resource officer for more information on the policy and requirements.
- Student Loan: Private student loans can offer much need flexibility for students who wish to enroll in non-degree or continuing education programs. To find out more about the loan program, contact Sallie Mae at 844-827-7478 or visit their website.
Students may call the CELL Center to verify receipt of the registration materials. Although confirmations are sent to all students, they do not always reach students in advance of the first class meeting. Once registration and payment are received, it is considered confirmed.
In the event of cancellation of a UVI CELL course by the University because of insufficient enrollment or for other reasons, a full refund of fees will be made.
If you cannot attend a class for which you’ve registered, you must withdraw from the course FIVE working days prior to the start of a course. Students withdrawing before the withdrawal deadline may receive a full refund, less a $25 processing fee. Students must submit a drop course request five working days in advance of the course to receive a full refund.
In lieu of a refund, you may elect to receive a credit which may be used towards another course of your choice. Credit is valid for one year from the date of issuance and will automatically be applied to your next registration for a UVICELL course.
No refund will be made if the request is received after the specified final refund date (five working days prior to the start of the course). However, exceptions to this policy will be considered under the most unusual circumstances. Send a letter describing your circumstances with all appropriate documentation to:
University of the Virgin Islands
Center for Excellence in Leadership and Learning
#2 John Brewers Bay
St. Thomas, VI 00802
UVI CELL courses are self-supporting, and all course-related expenses are paid from student registration fees. Occasionally, this means that courses with low enrollments must be canceled before they begin. When this occurs, pre-registered students may elect to transfer their fees to another course or request a full refund. CELL makes every effort to notify students of canceled courses in advance of the first session.
* Please note: Fees for online courses are non-refundable.
UVI CELL is guided by the University's Policy Manual regarding Conflict of Interest and Disclosure, Intellectual Property, Anti-Discrimination policy. The UVI Policy manual can be accessed by clicking here.
Issuance of Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
The Continuing Education Unit (CEU) is a nationally recognized unit of measurement for participation in non-credit, continuing education programs. The primary purpose of the CEU is to provide a permanent record of the educational accomplishments of an individual who has completed one or more significant non-credit educational experiences. The CEU quantifies educational effort and defines a single CEUas "10 contact hours of participation in an organized continuing education experience."
For more information on student responsibilities or how CEUs are awarded, please review the entire policy here.