We welcome the exploration of new ideas, the development of timely topics, and the creation of innovative classes that appeal to our audience and enhance our programs.
Course development and recruitment of qualified instructors is ongoing at UVI CELL. New courses are considered with an eye to potential demand, quality, cost, and availability of facilities.
All UVI CELL instructors are part-time and appointed for a specific teaching assignment. Salary is dependent on the nature of the course, your qualifications and experience, and the length of the course. There is flexibility in scheduling as classes meet during the day, evening or on weekends. The instructor’s preference can usually be accommodated.
Proposing a New Course or Program
- Are you an educator who would like to develop and "test drive" a new course?
- Do you have skills, talent, and experience in a subject that you believe would be valuable to non-traditional learners?
- Do you have a special interest, unique expertise or hobby you want to share with others?
If so, please submit a proposal to teach at UVI CELL. If approved, a Program Specialist will contact you to discuss the details. Remember, proposals are evaluated on:
- Fit with the Continuing Education mission
- Financial feasibility
- Perceived market need or demand
UVI CELL is currently seeking part-time instructors in the following areas:
- Massage Therapy
- Computer Applications
- Grant Writing
- Real Estate Sales
- Leadership & Management
- Project Management
- Graphic Design
- Website Development
- Customer Service
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- English as a Second Language
How to Apply
Print out and complete the following documents:
Submit along with your resume to:
Fax: (340) 693-1115
New! Construction Trainers Needed
UVI CELL is currently seeking qualified craft instructors for the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) Construction Certification program. Instructors are required for both the St. Croix and St. Thomas/St. John districts.
- At least five years experience in construction, electrical, or plumbing.
- Available to teach from 6 - 9 pm Mondays - Thursdays
- Download, complete and submit an application
- Selected applicants must complete a 5-day trainer program
Application deadline: Friday, June 7, 2019
Submit completed applications via:
- Email: email@example.com
- Drop off: UVI-CELL offices on St. Croix or St. Thomas
- Mail: #2 John Brewers Bay, St. Thomas, VI 00802 (must be postmarked by submission deadline)