The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS V) is used as part of the admissions process by Nursing and Allied Health schools nationwide. This test is a basic aptitude test designed to identify students who would succeed in nursing school and who have the ability to think like a nurse. TEAS is a multiple-choice assessment of basic academic knowledge in reading, mathematics, science and English and language usage. The four sections are timed for a total of approximately 4 hours.
Preparing for the TEAS Exam:
Create your ATI student account. If you don't already have an account, go to www.atitesting.com. In the gray box on the right-hand side or at the top of the screen, click on "Create an Account," complete the form and click "Register."
To purchase exam prep material, go to http://www.atitesting.com/Solutions/pre-program/TEAS/study-guide.aspx.
To purchase online practice tests, go to http://www.atitesting.com/Solutions/pre-program/TEAS/practice-test.aspx.
Exam Day Checklist:
- Walk with a valid photo I.D. such as a Driver's License or passport. Your I.D. must bear a photo, signature and an expiration date.
- You MUST know the username and password for your ATI student account. Please see "Preparing for the TEAS Exam for account setup information.
- No personal items will be allowed in the testing room. This includes all electronic devices, pencils, pens, paper, bags, purses, hats, etc. All items must either be left in your car or in a secure area provided by the proctor.
- Exams begin promptly at the scheduled times. Testers should arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the exam time. LATE ARRIVALS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO SIT FOR THEIR EXAM AND WILL FORFEIT ANY FEES PAID.
Hours of Operation
8:30 am to 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
St. Croix: (340) 692-4230
St. Thomas: (340) 693-1100
Registration Info & Schedule
Scheduling TEAS Exam
- Visit our TEAS Registration Page to schedule an appointment and submit payment. The NON-REFUNDABLE administrative fee of $75 must be paid to the UVICELL Center. Payment can be made directly at the UVICELL Center or the UVI Cashier. NOTE: If payment is made to the UVI Cashier, please submit a copy of the receipt to the UVICELL Center by the corresponding deadline.
- Once payment has been submitted to the UVICELL Center, you will receive an email confirming your exam date and time with additional testing information.
- LATE REGISTRATION: If seats are available, students registering after the deadline will be required to pay a $10 late registration fee in addition to the $75 administration fee. NO SAME DAY WALK-INS ALLOWED.
If you experience any difficulty in scheduling your exam or submitting your payment, contact the UVICELL Center:
Phone: (340) 692-4230
Location: Albert A Sheen Campus, REC-105
Phone: (340) 693-1106
Location: Faculty East, UVI Campus