The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS V) is used as part of the admissions process by Nursing and Allied Health schools nationwide. This test is a basic aptitude test designed to identify students who would succeed in nursing school and who have the ability to think like a nurse. TEAS is a multiple-choice assessment of basic academic knowledge in reading, mathematics, science, and English and language usage. The four sections are timed for a total of approximately 4 hours.
How to Register
Registering for the TEAS exam is a two-step process.
- Step 1: Register with ATI. If you don't already have an account with ATI, you will need to create a student account by visiting www.atitesting.com. In the gray box on the right-hand side or at the top of the screen, click on "Create an Account," complete the form and click "Register."
- Step 2: Schedule your appointment with the UVICELL Center. Please see the information listed below, under "Scheduling Your TEAS Exam."
Scheduling Your Exam
- IN-PERSON TESTING: Visit our TEAS Registration Page to schedule an IN-PERSON appointment and submit payment. The non-refundable administrative fee of $95 must be paid to UVI CELL.
- ONLINE TESTING: As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, UVI CELL has instituted online TEAS testing. If you would like to schedule an online TEAS exam instead of taking the test in-person, visit our TEAS ONLINE Registration Page to schedule an ONLINE Proctored exam, and submit payment. The fee to administer the online exam is $125.
- Appointments can be scheduled and payments can be submitted online. Please refer to the section above to "Schedule Your Exam."
- For both campuses: Test fee is paid at registration. For other payment options, contact the UVI CELL offices. Once payment and/or payment confirmation has been submitted to UVI CELL, you will receive an email confirming your exam date and time with additional testing information.
LATE REGISTRATION: If seats are available, students registering after the deadline will be required to pay a $10 late registration fee in addition to the test administration fee. NO SAME-DAY REGISTRATIONS ARE ALLOWED.
If you experience any difficulty in scheduling your exam or submitting your payment, contact the UVI CELL Center:
Phone: (340) 693-1106
Location: UVI, St. Thomas Campus, Faculty East
Hours of Operation
8:30 am to 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
Preparing for the Exam
To appropriately prepare for the exam, please check out the resource material listed below:
- To purchase exam prep material, go to http://www.atitesting.com/Solutions/pre-program/TEAS/study-guide.aspx.
- To purchase online practice tests, go to http://www.atitesting.com/Solutions/pre-program/TEAS/practice-test.aspx.
Exam Day Checklist
Exam Day Checklist:
- Walk with a valid photo I.D. such as a Driver's License or passport. Your I.D. must bear a photo, signature and an expiration date.
- You MUST know the username and password for your ATI student account. Please see "Preparing for the TEAS Exam for account setup information.
- No personal items will be allowed in the testing room. This includes all electronic devices, pencils, pens, paper, bags, purses, hats, etc. All items must either be left in your car or in a secure area provided by the proctor.
- Exams begin promptly at the scheduled times. Testers should arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the exam time. LATE ARRIVALS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO SIT FOR THEIR EXAM AND WILL FORFEIT ANY FEES PAID.